Friday, February 25, 2011

[live on coffee and flowers/try not to wonder what the weather will be]

No time for a real update but I MUST share...

So about a year and a half ago...actually, probably more, maybe over two years ago, I went on a call to be an extra in Sex and the City 2. I waited in a loooooong line, and then gave them my headshot/resume, got a photo taken, and left! Then I didn't hear anything, the movie was made (I haven't even seen it yet cuz I heard it was bad) and I forgot about it, mostly.

BUT.

About a week ago I got an email from the casting company and they needed extras for scenes in New Years Eve, a movie being made right now that is a lot like that movie Valentine's Day with a shit ton of famous people and lots of stories. AND I've been asked to do some extra work for them...tonight is my first night! We are doing Times Square NYE stuff and I have to be there from 5pm tonight until really early tomorrow morning (and I work at 7 am tomorrow haha) and I am THRILLED. I've never done anything like this before, and I'm sure there are people who are like, "Ew, you have to stand around for hours and it's boring," but I don't see myself being one of those people. Plus I get paid! I don't know how many times I'll get to work on the film but at least I get to do it tonight! Anyway...time for me to get ready. I'll share the experience on here as soon as I can. Until then, here's a link to the film...

[amanda]

title quote: The National, "Conversation 16," High Violet

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! So exciting! Break a leg and kick some butt :) Also, snuggle someone famous. xoxo

    ReplyDelete