Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[that's just the way it is]

HELLO!

I am alive. Busy up to my earlobes, but alive...and do I not love to be busy up to my earlobes? Things are spinning about like mad in my daily life and I have not had the time to sit and write of my reflections, which is a damn shame as I have so many!!! Work has, as always, been eating away at my sleep and energy; however, what would I do without a job? Plenty...let's not think about that, because I'll just get depressed, haha. But in all seriousness, I am thankful to have a job. I have also been in rehearsals for the musical She Loves Me with InterAct Productions in Maplewood, NJ, which has been an absolute dream. I'm working with some very talented people, and I am able to play a role that has been an unknown dream to me, as I just heard about this musical before the auditions. If you are in the tri-state area, you should seriously consider checking out this lovely little show - here is the link to the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211426572250470

I am always reminded of what must be my true passion for theatre and the arts when I spend hours of travel, memorization, rehearsal, etcetera on a project when I won't see a penny of money...and I don't even care or mind. The reason I would love to someday get paid for this is so that I can do ONLY this, I can spend my days rehearsing and writing and singing and dancing and playing and learning and growing as an artist - and that would be all! Aside from good times with friends and family, all of that other fun stuff. Someday...

Anyway, I must run, just wanted to update a short bit...hope I will have time for a good entry soon. Love to all, xoxo.

[amanda]

title quote: "That's Just the Way It Is," Bruce Hornsby :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment